This is a companion to my Bird of the Day blog, which focuses on birds I have seen in Victoria, Canada.

When my husband and I started planning a trip to New Zealand, I was delighted to read about the large number of unique birds that reside there. Having exhausted the supply of new birds at home, this was a welcome opportunity to continue my birding education. This blog will cover the various birding sites on the North and South Islands and (hopefully) the multitude of birds we encounter there.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Northwest region of South Island

Last weekend, we took the ferry from Wellington to Picton on the South Island.  From there we drove through the Marlborough district to Motueka.  On the way, we stopped at a few of beaches and lagoons where we saw the following birds.
Grey Teal
Black Shag

Paradise Shelduck (male)


No comments:

Post a Comment